- Save the date for our annual Resident Appreciation Celebration
- Your pool and lawn service!
- Your opinion could be worth one month of FREE rent!
- Do you have unique, one-of-a-kind treasures to sell?
- Are you prepared for severe weather in Oklahoma?
- Yard of the Month
- Spouse’s Educational Grant Deadline is May 5th!
- Green corner
- Want to know what is happening in your community
- Upcoming Events
Save the date! Join us for our annual Resident Appreciation Celebration on Saturday, May 14. This is an adult only event! There will be a wine tasting for residents over 21 years old, light hors devours, computer access to complete your Army survey, adult activities and much more.
With growing budget constraints and BAH reduction, privatized housing partners are looking for ways to find savings without passing on added costs to residents. One of the ways we can do this is through tailoring resident services.
We have taken a thoughtful approach and have asked residents for feedback in the annual Army and SatisFacts surveys about what services residents value most. Our goal is to make changes that will have minimal impact on residents. The adjustments that will be implemented at Fort Sill as a result of this feedback include small changes to landscaping and pool services.
The Corvias Community Pools and Splash Pad will be open on Friday, May 27. Community Center pool hours will be reduced during non-peak times. Below are the Community Center Pools/Splash Pad hours of operation for the summer 2016 pool season:
- Old Calvary Post Pool
- Monday- Thursday; 12 pm- 8 pm,
- Saturday; 12 pm- 8 pm,
- Sunday; 1pm -6 pm.
- The Old Cavalry Post Pool will be closed on Fridays.
- Southern Plains Pool
- Tuesday- Saturday: 12 pm- 8pm,
- Sunday: 1pm -6 pm.
- The Southern Plains Pool will be closed on Mondays.
- Buffalo Soldier Acres Splash Pad
- Monday- Saturday: 12 pm-8 pm,
- Sunday: 1-6 pm.
Additionally, Munie our landscape vendor will continue to mow resident lawns, playgrounds and picnic areas on a weekly schedule. Other common areas in the community, including small fields and pockets of grass not designated as “prairie areas,” will be mowed on a bi-weekly schedule this year. Residents who wish to maintain their own yard can contact their Community Center to submit their request.
During spring and fall clean up, Munie will continue to trim bushes and trees near homes and community areas. However, residents will be responsible for weeding and mulching flowerbeds. Munie will only complete these services prior to move-in. All flowerbeds should be maintained to keep a neat appearance.
We appreciate you choosing to live on post with Corvias! For additional questions, please contact your Community Office.
The HQDA RCI (Residential Communities Initiatives) will be conducting their Resident Satisfaction Survey via e-mail from May 5 – June 6 at all Corvias Military Living Army locations. Please click here to read the attached memo from Lieutenant General, David D. Halverson, GS Assistant Chief of Staff for Installation Management. This important survey will help ensure the continued success of the RCI program in meeting your needs and will help guide the Army and Corvias in the development of future improvements to our homes and services. This survey will be administered through a third party, CEL & Associates, Inc. (CEL). The survey results are confidential, so please express your true opinions and thoughts. All residents who complete the survey have the opportunity to be entered to win one weekly prize to include a trip to Great Wolf Lodge, Flat Screen TV or $500 gift card and one grand prize equivalent to one month of free rent!
Do you have unique, one-of-a-kind treasures to sell? Maybe you have more stuff than house. On the first Saturday of each month, residents are permitted to hold a yard/garage sale at their residence. Additionally, Corvias is supporting the Post Wide Yard Sale on Saturday, May 7 by allowing residents to hold a yard/garage sale at their residence to prepare for the upcoming PCS season. Please ensure you refer to your Resident Responsibility Guide when having a yard sale at your residence. It is not permitted for residents to sell weapons, prescription or over the counter medication or the resale of new items (as a business) at your yard sales.
If you have any questions or would like more information on the yard sale expectations while residing with Corvias, please contact your Community Office.
Oklahoma can experience extreme weather year round. However, the spring and early summer months pose a higher than usual risk for high winds, heavy rain, lightening, hail and tornadoes. Prepare and plan in advance for severe weather. Below are a few tips to help get your family and home prepared for severe weather:
- Stay alert to the potential for rapidly changing weather conditions via local television, local radio or NOAA weather radio. Download the KSWO weather app on your phone for severe weather notifications.
- If you have a storm shelter, check for water retention and clean out any debris. For water retention or concerns with your storm shelter, place a work order with your Community Office by contacting the office or place a work order online.
- Prepare your yard! Ensure all trampolines are secured and loose items are picked up and stored in a safe place. Loose items can cause damage to the property or become damaged in severe weather.
- Have an emergency preparedness kit handy!
- Update your contact information with your Community Office. We will communicate important notifications regarding your home by using the information you provided to your Community Office.
Corvias Military Living is proud to launch the Yard of the Month program for 2016 this month. The program is designed to recognize on-post residents who make a special effort to improve the landscaping of their homes. It’s a monthly competition that runs from May through July.
Judging for Yard of the Month will take place on the first Friday of each month during the three months of the program. Judges will select one Community Yard of the Month for each on-post housing Community. Yards in Buffalo Soldier Acres will be judged with Southern Plains.
Judging for May will take place on May 6. On that day, judges will ride through their designated neighborhood and select the home that best meets the following criteria:
- Overall appearance (landscaping, lawn ornaments, etc.)
- Flowerbeds free of weeds and grass
- Driveway free of grease and oil
- Free of trash and debris
The Community Yard of the Month will receive a yard sign, a $50 gift card.
In addition to Community Yard of the Month, there will also be one Installation Yard of the Month. Judges will assess the two on-post Yard of the Month winners and award the overall champion. The winner will have the Installation Yard of the Month sign displayed in front of their home, a picture in the monthly newsletter and will also receive a $75 gift card.
So let the gardening begin!
Don’t forget! Applications for the Corvias Foundation $5,000 Educational Grants for spouses of active-duty service members are due Thursday, May 5th. The application is available online at corviasfoundation.org.
How can you become more energy-conscious in your home? Turn off all lights, electronics and appliances when not in use. Invest in power strips so you have the ability to turn of multiple electronics at once! Even the smallest things can make a huge impact!
Your community calendar can help you stay up-to-date on trash, recycling, lawn care, resident events and community activities.
You can even sync your community calendar with a personal Google calendar by clicking on the +Google button on the bottom right-hand corner of the calendar.
Follow us on Facebook!
- May 4th- Community Offices open at 10 am.
- May 5th – Apply Now! Deadline for Spouse Educational Grant through Corvias Foundation
- May 5th- Check your email inbox for your Army Survey! Complete by week one for a chance to win a trip to Great Wolf Lodge!
- May 8th – Happy Mother’s Day
- May 14th- Resident Appreciation Celebration.
- May 18th- Community Offices open at 10 am.
- May 30th – Memorial Day – Offices Open 9am-1pm