- Join us for some holiday cheer and festivities after the annual Tree Lighting Ceremony!
- Refer a friend for holiday cash!
- Last chance! Tell us how we are doing for chance to win a $500 gift card
- Need money for college?
- Traveling soon?
- Why is storm water runoff a problem?
- Green Corner
- Want to know what is happening in your community?
Join your neighbors, fellow service members and your Corvias Military Living team on Tuesday, December 1, as we kick off the holiday season. Corvias, along with Fort Sill, will host this year’s holiday celebration. The Fort Sill’s Tree Lighting Ceremony is completely free and will be held in front of McNair Hall at 6 p.m.
After the tree lighting, we hope you will stay for our special event, ‘Tis the Season. Corvias will offer pictures with Santa, so bring your camera to capture your little one’s special moment. Train rides for children on the Okie Dokie Express, listening to holiday music and complimentary refreshments will also be available for your family and friends to enjoy. We hope to see you there!
We are currently looking for more great residents just like you! When you refer a friend to live on-post, you will receive $300 when they move in until December 23, 2015. Applicants must present our flyer at the time of application. For additional details, contact your Community Office or the Relocation Office at 580-581-2144.
Our goal is to provide you with the best homes, community, service and value. To let us know how we are performing Corvias Military Living has contracted with ResidentSurveys.com, a division of SatisFacts Research, to conduct a brief online survey.
By now you should have received a survey notice via a mailed postcard and by email from “residentsurveys.com”. You have the option to include your name with your ratings and comments, or your feedback can be anonymous. As a thank you for your time, you will be entered in a drawing to win a $500 gift card. The survey period ends Wednesday, December 2. If you need assistance or have additional questions, please contact your Community Office. Your opinion matters and we value your feedback.
Are you the spouse or child of an active-duty service member with plans to go to college? Go to corviasfoundation.org to learn more about available $50,000 Scholarships and $5,000 Educational Grants from Corvias Foundation. Applications available online.
If you are planning a vacation or extended time away from your home, consider registering your home for House Watch with your Community Office. When you register your home, the community team will make a routine check of the property and will take appropriate actions as needed.
We want to help keep Fort Sill and Oklahoma looking beautiful. Starting small, with storm water runoff for example, is an easy way to make a difference. Polluted storm water runoff can have many adverse effects on plants, fish, animals, and people.
- Sediment can cloud the water and make it difficult or impossible for aquatic plants to grow.
- Sediment also can destroy aquatic habitats.
- Bacteria and other pathogens can wash into swimming areas and create health hazards, often making beach closures necessary.
- Debris—plastic bags, six-pack rings, bottles, and cigarette butts—washed into water bodies can choke, suffocate, or disable aquatic life like ducks, fish, turtles, and birds.
- Household hazardous wastes like insecticides, pesticides, paint, solvents, used motor oil, and other auto fluids can poison aquatic life. Land animals and people can become sick or die from eating diseased fish and shellfish or ingesting polluted water.
- Properly disposing of debris and waste is simple and can make a difference in our environment. For information about disposing of household hazardous waste call the Environmental Quality Division at 580-442-3266.
Turn off holiday decorations when no one is home and at night before you go to bed. Timers are a great way to ensure the lights are only on at certain times.
Your community calendar can help you stay up-to-date on trash, recycling, lawn care, resident events and community activities.
You can even sync your community calendar with a personal Google calendar by clicking on the +Google button on the bottom right-hand corner of the calendar.
Follow us on Facebook!
Important dates and events
- Dec.1- Annual Fort Sill Tree lighting Ceremony/Tis The Season resident event; McNair Hall; 6-8 pm.
- Dec.6- Patriot Spouses’ Club Holiday Tour of Homes; 5-8 pm; POC for information 270-300-0589
- Dec.14-18- Toys for Kids; Fort Sill Conference Center; 10 am- 4:30 pm
- Dec-23- Refer A Friend deadline. Don’t miss out $300 holiday cash!
- Dec.24- Limited hours of operation; Community Offices open 9 am-1 pm.
- Dec. 25- Corvias Community Offices closed in observance of Christmas